**July 30, 2020 Update: TCSL releases Return to Competition Protocols, endorsed by Minnesota Department of Health**
Summer 2020 Leagues & Events
While we are excited to progress in our plan, we evaluated several factors that led us to make the difficult decision to cancel all Summer 2020 leagues and events:
- Uncertain timeline – future phases of our Plan do not have a clear timeline
- Club & family consideration – this decision provides clubs clarity and an opportunity to re-program, and provides families an opportunity to make decisions in line with their personal situations
- Integrity of the Leagues – as each Club is operating within their own set of parameters and challenges (i.e. field constraints), even if a League could kickoff, we are unsure how divisions would be affected
Summer 2020 – Financial
We have taken the following steps related to the financial aspect of this decision related to teams who had registered for events.
- Last week, we canceled Minnesota Cup and provided a full refund to all teams.
- For those teams that have registered for Summer Festival and Championships, we will be refunding those teams in full, less a nominal transaction fee, within 14 days.
- For those that used Autumn Cup credits for the above events, returning managers and/or coaches will be able to use the credit during the Autumn or Summer 2020-21 seasons. To request a voucher code, which can be used when registration goes live for these events, complete this form.
We hope as clubs begin preparing to return to the fields, that you continue to take every safety precaution – both for preventing the spread of coronavirus and for players at a greater risk of injury due to the prolonged shutdown. Clubs may start offering and hosting modified training sessions, at club and family discretion, for their players.
As of June 24, TCSL clubs may progress to Phase 3 of the Return to Play Plan.
While a League will not happen this summer, TCSL remains committed to supporting clubs in their return to play and as a larger voice representing clubs within the Twin Cities. We will keep you updated as our Return-to-Play Plan evolves and moves from phase to phase.
Phase 4 of our Return to Play Plan – the return of Club-to-Club League Competition – is outlined in detail on the below: