7v7 Course Overview
The 7v7 Grassroots Course is a four-hour course that builds on the principles covered in U.S. Soccer’s Introduction to Grassroots Coaching Module.
- U.S. Soccer’s Grassroots Coaching Education Philosophy
- Play-Practice-Play Methodology
- The Six Tasks of a Coach
- Characteristics of players aged 9-10
7v7 Course Format
- Two-hour “Classroom” (held virtually): Content geared towards the coaches participating in the course with the methodology within the course title (i.e. 7v7); an introduction to the Play-Practice- Play model
- Two-hour field session: Content geared towards the player-centered Play- Practice-Play model: where you the candidate will work with age appropriate players and receive feedback/reflection.